Point of Sale and Financial Systems Integration

QuickBooks ODBC Troubles

Moderator: gettech
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
mobrien99
Post subject: QuickBooks ODBC Troubles
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:05 am

Company Name: Cheese Masters Inc.

I am trying to hook up Micro e3700 model 4.xx to Quickbooks Pro Version 2006 U.S.
I installed the ODBC drivers for QBFC8 which is the file system that was used for 2006 U.S. version according to the get linked POSlink setup.

I installed the QBXML updates yet continue to get:
"Unhandled object exception:"

The version of QBXML that was requested is not supported or is unknown.
when I try to get the chart of accounts from Quickbooks from Get Linked.

Can anyone help?
Thanks

Profile Quote
gettech
Post subject: Re: QuickBooks ODBC Troubles
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:25 am

Yes we can help you. The quick answer to your question is that you may have to try EVERY QBFC listed in the GETLinked™ Software dropdown. The reason is because the QBFC varies with the version of QuickBooks you are currently using. The older the version of Quickbooks you are using the further back you will have to test. If you continue to have troubles try starting with the oldest QBFC version in the GETLinked™ Software dropdown first and then proceed to the newest. This may shorten your testing of your compatibility issue.

Let us further define a few facts for everyone’s benefit with regards to Inuit communications drivers. The issue you are having is with the different versions of Intuit’s communication drivers that allow 3rd party products to communicate with QuickBooks directly. They are called QBFC (QuickBooks Foundation Classes). They are very similar to other ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) drivers again allowing access to databases.

These QBFC drivers are owned by Intuit, not GETLinked™ Software. They are provided to the public for use in integrating into QuickBooks. We have provided access to just the drivers themselves on our web site for the benefit of our active customers. Intuit has access to download the full Software Development Kit (SDK) and documentation on their web site under their “Intuit Developer Network”. You will need to contact Intuit directly for specific support on their QBFC drivers beyond loading them into GETLinked™ Software and testing them.

Thank you for the post.

GETLinked Software

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “QuickBooks”
Jump to: