GetLinked® Software Forum

Point of Sale and Financial Systems Integration

My Micros server/hard drive is being replaced or updated. How do I make sure GETLinked keeps working?

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Moderator: gettech
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
gettech
Post subject: My Micros server/hard drive is being replaced or updated. How do I make sure GETLinked keeps working?
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:30 am

The specific steps to take depend on the micros system you have (e7, 3700 or 9700) and how you move the data from your micros system to your GETLinked Software (we call this the polling method).

In general you need to follow the steps below:
  1. Copy the export scripts from your old system/hard drive to the new micros server (If you don't have access to the old system because of a failed hard drive you can download the scripts from our support site)
  2. Recreate the Scheduled task that runs the export scripts every morning (Windows 7)
  3. Setup your polling method on the new system. This could mean installing a copy of Dropbox, creating a shared folder, or configuring an FTP upload. It is helpful to review the old system's polling method before it is replaced if possible.
  4. Test the export scripts (3700 and 9700 systems can test by manually running the export batch file, e7 must wait for the end of night TIFF export process).
If you have specific questions about migrating to a new micros server please post a response below.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Return to “General”
Jump to: