1. Correct Pathnames and Filenames under Location Setup. Each module and location in GETLinked Software has it's own Pathname and Filename setup (ex. POSLink: Click Setup > POSLink). If Pathnames and Filenames are required for your system they are listed under the Import setup.
2. The point of sale or timeclock data might not exist due to polling system or data export problems. Verify the following:
- Using the pathnames found above, first check the path to make sure you have data files available to import.
- If there are data files, verify that they are current by checking the "Date Modified" in windows explorer.
- Most data files are in a "Text" format and can be opened using a text editor such as Notepad. Once opened search for the date you requested. If you cannot find any transactions for that date then the data files are not current.
- If you still have not found data files or transactions for the specific date you requested check with your network technician and your store managers to verify that the daily export/polling functions worked.
Common reasons for data exports/polling to fail include:
- End of night process failed to run on point of sale system. This will sometimes result in multiple days sales being merged into one date.
- Internet connection down or power outage at remote stores.
- Point of sale or timeclock hardware replaced due to hardware failure. The data export/polling configuration will often need to be setup again after hardware is replaced.
- Check to make sure you setup the correct GetLinked System, Model and Version in Setup. Some Location ID's need to match data files.